We bring happenings and stories from the North, to you. Marriage Relationship Love Social Issues Divorce Etc

For Adverts Placement, send a mail

Thursday 16 February 2017

MARRIED TO A STRANGER Episode 22

MARRIED TO A STRANGER -(bani da zabi)  Episode 22

❣ Phateemah Taheer ❣

RA'IS' point of View {POV}

I have never been put in a situation where I feel I may lose someone so dear to me till the day of my little Brother Abdurrahman's surgery...He was in surgery for 7 hours and those were the most terrifying 7hours of my life.

My second most scary moment was during my fellowship year after residency,when my attending surgeon almost allowed me to drown deep in a patient's heart...I held the heart in my hand putting him on by-pass and i couldn't get the sutures to hold and the patient's blood pressure was dropping...I felt like dying right there and then....I can vividly remember my attending surgeon and another surgeon arguing over taking over the surgery from me, and the reply my attending said to the other surgery has stuck in my head all this time..."allow New doctors and surgeons to sink,but don't let them drown"....and honestly at that moment I felt like I was drowning before I could finally get the sutures to hold,and that day I became a Cardiothoracic Surgeon...

I can't help but wonder if interns or student doctors are the ones taking care of my wife...."probably the doctors are allowing them to sink on my wife and not let then drown".....I thought before I dashed into the trauma room.

"Dr.Rai's you can't be in here..you know family don't treat family"......another doctor said to me....."I just want to make sure everything is OK".....I said to the doctor......."It is...her test results just came back".....the Dr said...."What test did you run,and what is the result".....I asked the doctor....."H.pylori....and it came back positive".....the doctor said..

"I should have known.....I should have understood when she said she doesn't take coffee and when she complained about the yam balls being too peppery....and she spent almost all day on an empty stomach".....I said using my left hand to brush over my hair..

"She ll be OK Dr....she will properly be taken care of.trust us on this".....the Dr said and i felt a little bit relieved....

It was already 6am and i thought about calling my parents to let then know what was going on...."Hello Hajiya".....I said immediately my mum answered the phone......"Ra'is lafiya"....Hajiya said sensing something was wrong considering the fact that i was calling so early...."Lafiya wallahi...I just called to tell you Ruqayya na asibiti...Ulcer ce ta tashi mata...but Ana bata drip yanxu and she is sleeping".....I said calmly...."Subhanallahi....we ll be right there...I will call Hajiya Maimuna yanxu to let her know".....Hajiya said and hung up.

My parents and Ruqayya's parents came around 10am and Ruqayya was awake then...Ruqayya was able to eat too and have a little conversation with our parents.

Ruqayya was discharged at about 10pm and we were all about to leave the hospital...
."Ra'is, i think i should take Ruqayya home with me,I ll be able to take care of her more than you will".....my mum said to me seeming concern......."Nooo...I think nauyi zaa daura muku..I think Ruqayya ta tafi gidan ta...I trust Ra'is will be able to take care of her perfectly".....Ruqayya's mum said and everyone agreed.

We got home at able 10.45pm and i held Ruqayya's arm and led her to her bedroom......"Ruqayya..... Why didn't you tell you have Ulcer, otherwise I wouldn't have made coffee for you or given you peppery food to eat"......I said with so much care in my eyes.....

"You made the coffee for me while I was still in bed,even though it's my responsibility to do the cooking,never-the-less you did what I should have done.....me not eating all day was my fault....and I should have told you the yam balls was peppery.... But you got it for me out of love....there's noway I would have refused it".....Ruqayya said calmly..

"I know...thanks for hurting yourself to prevent hurting me,totally unfair ...I couldn't have asked for more".....I said holding her hand....."I think you should sleep now,you have been injected with something that will make you sleep...you will fall asleep at any moment"......I said pushing her gently unto her pillow and covering her up with a warm blanket.

I turned off the lights and headed out of her room....I have lived with Ruqayya for just 3days,and suddenly I feel like i have loved her all my life...I couldn't have asked for a better life partner..  

Next Episode coming soon.
New Episodes will be posted everyday during the week at 8pm and 6pm on my Facebook page.

For more stories,facts amd updates follow @phateemah_taheer / @teets_thoughtz on IG, Phateemah Tahir Abdullahi on Fcbk or add 08062436327 to be added to blog stories group on WA.

Visit www.phateemahtaheer.blogspot.com for so much more....Click on "view web version" for older posts.

Share:

5 comments:

  1. Rais dey love sha,welldone,more grace to u Fatima Tahir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleaseeeeee keep up with d consistency of posting this story....Im loving it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am fallen totally for dz novel...please keep it up...it was jst awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maa shaa Allah I really love this story

    ReplyDelete

No part of my write-ups should in one way or the other be copied and transferred digitally or electronically without proper permission from me.. Powered by Blogger.

Formulir Kontak

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Categories

Tags

Popular Posts

Label

Pages