We bring happenings and stories from the North, to you. Marriage Relationship Love Social Issues Divorce Etc

For Adverts Placement, send a mail

Wednesday 15 February 2017

MARRIED TO A STRANGER Episode 21

MARRIED TO A STRANGER - (bani da zabi)  Episode 21

  ❣ Phateemah Taheer ❣

I have never seen a moment when there isn't ray of happiness in Ra'is eyes till today when I told him about Mustapha and now that the phone call interrupted our conversation.

"Hello"....Ra'is said answering the call....."Dr I am sorry to be calling now,but we have an emergency in the hospital that needs your urgent attention"......the caller said......"Nooo that can't be....I am currently on leave..my leave started just today".......Ra'is said smiling......

"I am very much aware Dr,the circular was sent to all the E.R phones and pagers controllers,but i am out of option"....the caller said....."How can you be out of options, I am not the only Cardiothoracic surgeon.... Page Dr Rayhana or Dr Abdurrahman....I believe they are both not on leave"......Ra'is said frowning......"I already did Dr and i was informed both Dr Rayhana and Dr Abdurrahman are away for a conference in Abuja and won't be back till tomorrow afternoon....the surgery was scheduled to take place tomorrow night by Dr Rayhana..we have been monitoring the patient in pre-op but the patient has been coding and you are our last resort Dr".....the caller said super fast.

"What is the current status of the patient?".....Ra'is asked immediately......"the patient is a 1 year old boy with Cardiovascular atrio-ventricular defect, the surgery ought to take place tomorrow, but now he can't wait till then".....the caller said....."Cardiovascular atrio-ventricular defect???  A year old?Why didn't you tell me that sooner.....prep the patient for surgery and book an O.R.....I am 15minutes away"......Ra'is said and hung up without waiting for a reply.

Ra'is stood up immediately and started looking for his car keys...."Are you OK?"....I asked standing up as well....."Not exactly.... I have to go...there's an Emergency at the hospital".....Ra'is said sounding so worried....."Its ok...".....I said not sure if that is what i should have said....."will you be OK sleeping in the house all alone?".....Ra'is said and I nodded and watched him leave.

I looked the door behind him and switched off all the lights before heading to my room...I was a little scared at first but then decided to pick up my phone and play games..It was 10.30 and i finally decided to sleep.

*****************************

I woke at about 4.30am and couldn't move...My stomach hurt so badly I could feel my intestines crushing other organs in my stomach....I held my stomach so hard and I could feel my back almost breaking....My chest felt so heavy I felt it would form an alliance with my spinal cord...

I had no idea what to do...I don't know who to call...because I know Ra'is might still be in surgery and it is too early to call anyone else..I picked my phone and dialed Ra'is' number and even then I couldn't even talk....not even a word....

Ra'is picked up and the words just couldn't come...my lips just couldn't form any words....I hung up and went straight to my draft,where Ra'is asked me to type 911 and save it and forward to him in case of emergency.....

Not long after I sent 911 to Ra'is I heard him opening the gate and rushing in....."Ruqayya".....he shouted immediately he saw me on the bed, vomiting heavily and almost life less.......

Ra'is immediately picked me up and put me in the car and we rush to the hospital.... I was hardly conscious but I heard the doctor on call telling Ra'is he had to wait outside even though he is a staff,but family do not treat family....I was almost closing my eyes when I looked at Ra'is looking worried,confused and out of options before I was pushed on a gurney into a trauma room and the door was closed from the inside, leaving Ra'is standing outside with his right hand brushing through his hair.

Next Episode coming soon.
New Episodes will be posted everyday during the week at 8pm and 6pm on my Facebook page.

For more stories,facts amd updates follow @phateemah_taheer / @teets_thoughtz on IG, Phateemah Tahir Abdullahi on Fcbk or add 08062436327 to be added to blog stories group on WA.

Visit www.phateemahtaheer.blogspot.com for so much more....Click on "view web version" for older posts.

Share:

3 comments:

No part of my write-ups should in one way or the other be copied and transferred digitally or electronically without proper permission from me.. Powered by Blogger.

Formulir Kontak

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Categories

Tags

Popular Posts

Label

Pages