We bring happenings and stories from the North, to you. Marriage Relationship Love Social Issues Divorce Etc

For Adverts Placement, send a mail

Tuesday 18 July 2017

LOVE AT FIRST FLIGHT Episode 4

LOVE AT FIRST FLIGHT -(Haduwar mu) Episode 4

   ❣Phateemah Taheer❣

Growing up is a constantly evolving process...As we grow older we tend to need things we never needed when we were kids,especially we girls tend to want privacy,our own room, our own space and we always expect everything to be done our way.

As all parents,my parents had dreams of what they wanted me to become...Left to my dad the decision for a career for me was pretty very simple....As a child I was smart,intelligent and really straight forward...I grabbed easily whatever I was taught...."My sweet little Yumna is a born doctor".....My dad would always say...

I wanted that too as I started growing a bit older,but heyyyy....came my cycles and I realized just how much I detested the sight of blood.....No...no ...no I just couldn't stand it wollah....It irritated me as hell,but being a girl I adapted,but that's because its mine,doesn't mean I could ever learn to deal with that of others.

If at the age of fifteen I hated blood that much,what more If i grew older?...."Pilot Abba ...I want to be a pilot"....I always said to Abba.....

"Yumna being a pilot suits men most...besides considering our culture and traditions,no man will let him wife fly all th time".....Abba would always say....."Isn't it the same thing as being a doctor,I would hardly have time for my family".....I would always reply.

"But not as time consuming as being a pilot....you are weak in physics Yumna,and you know you need it to be a pilot"....Abba always said....

"I hate Biology"....I would always say...."plus I hate blood too Abba".....I would add to make my point....

It took a lot of convincing before Abba let me off the Medicine hook and allowed me to settle with Computer science and information technology after trying so hard but couldn't get into the flying school.

"how do I convince Abba now to let me become an air hostess"....I said as I practiced my speech pacing up and down on the corridor.....

"What are you doing"......Umma said as she opened the door without me realising it......."Uhmhmmm...nothing just jogging a bit?".....I stammered......
"Yumna are you 12?....You know you can ask me anything,anything at all.....its either a yes or a no....its that simple....just ask and stop wasting your energy pacing up and down"......Umma said with a completely smile-free face.......

"well Umma,yes I'm pacing and yes I have a favour to ask.....but no its not from you....".....I said slowly and a bit worried....

"Me kike jira then...go and ask him".....Umma said moving away from the door....."Umma just a little tip,is he in a good mood?".....I asked curiously....

"He is in a good mood ofcourse Gobe Sallah,but if you are going to ask him if you can go out with Ahmad tomorrow you know it ll be a no,your father doesn't allow that and you know it..Duk inda mace da namiji suka kebe na ukun su sheda...I'm sure you have mastered those lines by now".....Umma said clearly angry at something.

"no that's not it...its something else and ......"Banyi shirin yin masa da miyar taushe ba and your father said that's what he wants after Eid tomorrow,I have a lot to do,go face your disappointment"......Umma said interrupting me and walked away.

I stood there for what seemed like forever before getting the courage...."now or never Yum"....I said to my nervous self.

"Salamualaikum".....I said as I entered Abba's parlor...."waalaikisalam".....Abba replied....."Abba Sannu da Hutawa"......I said sitting beside his feet....."Yauwa mamana".....he said the Usual way he replies me considering I was named after him mom ,Maryam.

"Abba,I..I..."...I tried to say and the words just wouldn't come out....."Mamana,you know you can tell me anything"....Abba said and that sounded a bit relieving......"Abba I got a job".....I said and almost couldn't believe I said it.

"Really?but where"....Abba asked sounding amazed....."With Ethiopian airways".....I said nervously......"Ok,that's good"....Abba said sounding excited and I almost couldn't believe it....."but as what?What will you be assigned to?Ticketing,administrative duties?tell me the details".....Abba said sounding interested...

"As an ....air.... hostess"......I said looking down at my sweaty palms....."Yumna,you know that an impossible job for a Muslim Hausa girl,our culture,our tradition,the hostesses' outfit just is the main issue here and the too much flying around"....Abba said..

"Abba I know,and I really want this and I know you trust me and believe in the kind of upbringing you gave me....too much flying around would be me working Abba.....and the interview and audition and training is in 3days....Dan Allah kayi Naam,not to mention the pay is incredibly good too".....I said sounding desperate.

"No Yumna...if its about the money,tell me how much they pay and I ll give it to you every month until I find you a suitable job,but just not this job".....Abba said with a stern look in my eyes.....

"Abba please".....I begged....."kije ki sha ruwa,an Kira Sallah"....Abba said and stood up,leaving me there in tears.

Next Episode coming soon
New Episodes will be posted every Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

For more stories facts and updates follow @phateemah_taheer / @teets_thoughtz on IG

Visit www.phateemahtaheer.blogspot.com or www.phateemahtaheer.wordpress.com.

Use the hashtag #phateemahtaheer on Wattpad to search for my stories.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

No part of my write-ups should in one way or the other be copied and transferred digitally or electronically without proper permission from me.. Powered by Blogger.

Formulir Kontak

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Categories

Tags

Popular Posts

Label

Pages